Terms & Conditions
1. Whilst all reasonable care will be taken during the execution of works, no responsibility can be accepted for any faults or failures that may occur to existing pipework, fittings, equipment, etc. due to disturbance caused by the proposed works.
2. Estimates and quotes are based on a non-intrusive survey of the property and, as such, it is assumed that any existing systems that we connect to are in good condition and in working order. Should we find, during the course of the works, any faults with the existing systems we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same. Should the client fail to mention any relevant facts relating to the existing installation, we reserve the right to make a charge for correcting same.
3. Dismantling, clearing and re-instatement of any fitted cupboards, etc. to permit the proposed works to proceed will be charged at extra cost unless specified.
4. If, during the execution of the proposed works it is necessary to gain access into floors below fitted carpets, these will be lifted by us and laid back on completion. No re-stretching or fixing has been allowed for unless specified. For floors covered with thermoplastic tiles, vinyl sheet covering, cork tiles or laminate flooring, no allowance has been made for reinstatement unless specified.
5. During the execution of the proposed works, it may be necessary to isolate various water, gas & electrical services. This will be advised in good time and the period of isolation will be as short as is reasonably possible.
6. We do not guarantee to match existing brickwork where boiler flue terminals have been removed/installed.
7. No allowance has been made for casing in of pipework or painting/decorating of the new works.
8. It has been assumed that unrestricted access to all relevant parts of the property will be afforded to us during the course of the works. Any delays caused by restricted access not notified at the time of survey may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
9. Where other trades are involved in the works and these trades are not under our control any delays that may be caused to our progress by these trades may be subject to an extra charge and/or delay in completion.
10. Unless specified the works will be carried out in one continuous visit. Extra visits at the request of the client or caused by circumstances beyond our control will be subject to a surcharge and may affect the completion date.
11. Title to any goods, supplied by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. We reserve the right to take whatever legal action may be necessary to secure payment for the works carried out and materials supplied either fixed or unfixed.
12. No allowance has been made for out-of-hours working unless specified or to suit our own requirements.
13. All dates or times given for the start of or duration of the works are given in good faith based on the information gained during the survey and our current workload commitments. These times may be varied, however, due to unforeseen circumstances i.e. emergency call-outs, breakdowns, etc. or to circumstances beyond our control. No liability will be accepted if it is not possible to meet clients’ timescales.
14. The works described in the estimate/quote will be guaranteed for a period of twelve months from date of completion against faulty design and workmanship. The materials supplied by ourselves will be subject to the suppliers/manufacturers guarantees. The Client’s Statutory Right in law are not affected by this guarantee. This guarantee does not extend to existing, installed equipment, pipework or fittings.
15. Whilst certain items may be specified by name or model, we reserve the option to supply goods of a different manufacture providing they shall be suitable for the purpose intended.
16. Any items or materials supplied by the Client or others for our fixing will be unpacked and inspected in the presence of the Client (where this is reasonably possible). Any faults found will be pointed out to the Client whose responsibility it will be to obtain replacement items. Any delays caused by faulty or damaged items may be chargeable, may result in us withdrawing from site and may affect the completion date of the works.
17. Any additional works that the Client requires to be carried out whilst the specified works are being executed will be charged at extra cost. Where the cost of additional works exceeds £200, an indication of such cost will be given and the Client’s agreement to same will be obtained before the additional works proceed.
18. This estimate/quote is open for acceptance for a period of 30 days providing the works can be commenced within 60 days. Both periods from the date of estimate and thereafter may be subject to revision or withdrawal
19. Terms of payment are 7 days (unless agreed in writing prior to acceptance of the quote) and it is a condition of acceptance that these terms be adhered to. We reserve the right to charge interest at the rate of 5% above Lloyds TSB Bank plc’s current base rate per month on overdue accounts. Where an account has become overdue, we reserve the right to use third party debt collectors and any additional costs incurred through this process shall be passed on to the client.
20. The price specified in this estimate/quote does not include for the removal of any dangerous waste materials such as asbestos found when carrying out the works. This will be subject to an extra charge and will have to be arranged by the client.
21. Acceptance of estimates or quotes confirms acceptance of these conditions.
22. Prior to commencement of work involving gas appliances, the existing gas supply may be subject to a soundness test to check for compliance with Gas Safety Regulations. Any faults found will be advised to the Client and any rectification works required may be subject to additional charges.
23. Should the works include a power flush of the existing heating system, it must be pointed out that, whilst this treatment is generally harmless, depending on the condition of the existing components the process may find weaknesses in the system. Should any such problems be encountered then any rectification works required may be charged at extra cost.
24. Should the works include conversion of existing circuits to higher pressures, the Client should be aware that the higher pressures may find weaknesses in the existing system. Any repairs required in this respect are not included in this estimate/quote.
25. This estimate/quote does not include for any parking fees levied in Controlled Parking Zones (CPZ’s) or vehicle parking costs. Any such fees incurred will be passed onto the Client at cost.
26. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that all children and pets are kept away from the areas in which we are working.
27. If the proposed works are being carried out in a leasehold property it is the sole responsibility of the Client to ensure that all necessary permissions have been obtained prior to the commencement of the specified work/s.
28. Unless specified in an estimate/quotation, our quotes/estimates do not include any tiling, boxing, painting or aesthetic decorative works.
29. E and W Plumbing and heating LTD. reserves the right to refuse or decline work at our discretion. Where we agree to carry out works, those works shall be undertaken by our designated operative at our absolute discretion.
30. E and W Plumbing and heating LTD. shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate or quote to the customer & shall only be bound by estimates/quotes provided in writing. E and W Plumbing and heating LTD. shall not be bound by any estimates given verbally or in which manifest errors occur.
31. Where the date and time for works is agreed with the customer, E and W Plumbing and Heating shall use it’s best endeavours to ensure that the operative attends on the date and time agreed. No liability can be accepted in respect of late attendance or non-attendance or for any delays in materials deliveries to site.
32. Warranties for fixtures, fittings and appliances are supplied solely direct from the manufacturer. Details of these warranties can be found on the manufacturers website or by contacting the manufacturer. If you would like to request warranty information prior to work commencing for any items included in our estimate/quote, we will be happy to assist you in locating the relevant information.
33.If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
34. If, after E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. & shall afford E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD., and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he/she fails to notify E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. as aforesaid then E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
35. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. is:
Subject to misuse or negligence.
Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative.
E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability of materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault
36. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
37.E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. & only once payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. will not be guaranteed. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or in comments/recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
38. Where E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
39. Engineers operate under their own Corgi Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
40. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any operative/engineer/contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work.
41.These terms & conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD.; by entering into contact with E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
42. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD.,
(ii) for the purpose specified in (i) above, E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. or any of its agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
(iii) E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
43. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
44. E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time. These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
45. Health and Safety:
E and W Plumbing and Heating LTD. will not commence and/or continue services where we consider there is a Health and Safety risk, including: the presence of hazardous material, infestations or harassment of our personnel including verbal or physical abuse. We will not recommence work until the Health and Safety risk has been rectified to our satisfaction.